At Madras we have our very own Active Schools Coordinator. It is their role to work with not only Madras College but the surrounding 12 primary schools to:
- Increase the quality and range of opportunities for our young people to participate in sport before school, during lunch time and after school.
- Increase the number of our young people accessing leadership roles encouraging and supporting each individual to reach their potential
- Madras Currently offer two different leadership programmes that our young people can get involved in:
- Young Leaders (S3-6)
- Young Ambassadors (S4-6)
- To support the transition links for our young people from school club to community
Our Active Schools Coordinator is Madison Garland and is based within the P.E department.
M: 07864 617 946
03451 555 555 ext 460102
Young Leader Programme
Madras are very proud of our Young Leader Programme. Young Leaders can be anyone from S3-S6 working to support Active Schools programmes and focus areas within our cluster. They can take on multiple roles both large and small such as:
- Technical Official
- Event/Competition Organiser
- Decision Maker
The programme aims to support our young people in their own personal development and leaderships skills. Madras recruits new Young Leaders every academic year. In previous years our young leaders have established new extra curricular clubs, recognised participating pupils at awards ceremonies and supported the delivery and execution on inter school and intra house competitions. Finally, our Young Leaders are an integral part of the school cluster community, as they design programmes that they then deliver in our local primary schools encouraging younger pupils to engage with sport, whilst spreading the positive impact that sport and physical activity can have on their wellbeing.
The Young Ambassador programme was developed as a progression to enable dedicated, motivated and inspiring Young Ambassadors the opportunity to shape the training for the new Young Leaders not only in cluster but throughout North East Fife.
The Young Ambassador programme is one of Active Schools flagship programmes where young people are heard, valued and can influence decision making where they can drive change in our school and the local community.
Our Young Ambassadors have 2 key overarching role:
- To promote sport and motivate and inspire other young people to get involved in sport in a wide range of settings within our local community, including our schools, clubs and organisations.
- To influence six key aspects of School Sport:
- Extra-Curricular sport provision
- Links to community sport opportunities
- Opportunities for competition
- Celebration of pupil achievements in sport
- Leadership opportunities for young people
- PE in School
This programme also recruits new pupils every academic year, providing our pupils the opportunity to become more involved in school sport and gifting them the chance to gain valuable knowledge and experience in sport and development.
Twitter - @FifeActiveSch
Website - www.activeschoolsfife.org.uk